Sunday, November 17, 2013

MOVING ON TO ALEXANDRIA!


(DAD note: Hillary has been transferred to Alexandria we found out 11/16/13. Her new address is under "Keep in Touch" on her home blog page)
 
This week has been BANANAS. But busy is good. Transfers are tomorrow and I'll be OUTTA HERE. I'll miss Oakton and it's amazing ward members. It's been a wonderful second area, and I look forward to experiencing more of what Northern Virginia has to offer.
So the Washington DC South Mission has officially started online proselytizing. Meaning, we're on FACEBOOK! I am going to create a new account soon as a "sister" so look for an add from me (or add me): Sister-Hillary Hansen. For those of you who remember, I was EXCITED not to have Facebook for the next 18 months while serving a mission. I was quite addicted when I was home and at college. So the cleanse has been quite nice. Now that we are required to get on, I'm a little nervous! I pray that Heavenly Father will remind me of my purpose and allow me to share the gospel with so many more people through social networking. Our sole purpose of getting on Facebook is to uplift others and help them come closer to Christ. Whether it's members, non-members, less-actives, or recent converts... doesn't matter! So look out for posts from me and be sure to "share" them or "like" them and help your friends find out more about what I'm doing out here and what the message is all about!
We also get iPads and iPhones on December 11th. PRETTY CRAZY.
Sister Mitchell and I had the lovely opportunity of going to the Temple Visitor Center again this past weekend. We went with Carla Mannes, who is a member of the Church from Arizona, and she brought her non-member friend Anne. Anne had a powerful experience in the hospital a few weeks prior when some Elders from the DC North mission were able to give her a blessing. She felt something and immediately became more interested in the gospel. She's read every pamphlet and is working on reading the Book of Mormon. She actually lives in the Oakton boundaries, and we're hoping to be regularly teaching her soon! Anne is a very special lady, who has a strong faith and relationship with Jesus Christ. She's experienced a lot in her life and I can see how the gospel would bless her and her family IMMENSELY. I pray that she will continue to meet with us and have the desire to lay claim on all the blessings God has in store for her!
We also had a lovely dinner a few nights ago with Mrs. Orrin Hatch (Elaine Hatch). Senator Hatch and his wife live in the Oakton ward. Brother Hatch had to go out of town, but we enjoyed the time we spent with Sister Hatch! She's a sweetheart and gave us lots of yummy food to take home. We invited Sister Hatch to introduce herself to her new neighbor! Let's hope she does it! Inside scoop: Her and Brother Hatch wrote each other his entire mission and never went on a formal date until they got married. Too cute!
Well, I love you all! Thanks for the prayers and support - it means everything! I read Alma 5 this week, and I absolutely LOVE these verses. I use them quite often out here on my mission, but I think they'll be my favorites forever. Verses 45 and 46:
45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?
46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.
Alma Jr., who's talking here, saw an angel in his younger years, but he NEEDED to feel the Spirit in order to know if any of this was true. So don't underestimate the Spirit, whatever you do! No... you didn't make yourself feel that feeling or think that thought. It is and always will be Heavenly Father communicating to you what is right and true. So grateful for this precious gift and pray each day that I can learn how to use it more in my life!
LOVE YOU ALL!
Loves,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment