Friday, November 29, 2013

BLAME IT ON THE BED BUGS.....


Yes, it's true. "Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite" has now become my reality. I didn't even know these things were real, to be honest with you! But we found out on Wednesday that our bedroom has been infested with bed bugs. My poor companion had no idea, though she has had bites/rash all over her body for the last 6 weeks. The minute I saw these things though, I knew we had to report it to the office. And I'm glad we did because this is SERIOUS. We've done a LOT of laundry and vacuuming this week, and we're waiting patiently on exterminators. As of now, I do have bites all over my body too, but I felt a calming reassurance telling me this morning that "this will go away". I just have to be patient :)
Despite the drama surrounding that predicament, we had some precious events occur! First, we took a less-active to the Temple Visitor's Center (LOVE that place!). We walked in and found out that our tour would be led by one of the same sisters that did our tour with Anne! Oh, I was so exciting! This sister is about 4'10" and dresses SO cute. Haha she immediately recognized me, with a new companion no less, and we embraced in reunion! The lesson was incredibly powerful, just like Anne's was. And though each woman has such a different story, the Plan of Salvation was what they needed to hear. I'm so grateful to know that this life isn't it, and that we can get through this life with the Atonement. We can use to become better each and every day, and to heal the things we going through - like bed bugs! Susan, our less-active, was deeply touched and was ready to change her life around after that lesson. She is moving back to Pennsylvania, so we won't see her again, but I know that that lesson will stick with her and help her make right choices!
We were also blessed to have had a conference with Elder Teh of the Seventy! He talked about many things, but the overall theme was doing missionary work by the Spirit. Without the Spirit, our teaching, finding, and planning is not in the will of the Lord's. One thing that stuck out to me as he taught us was that having the Spirit with us, and having people feel it, doesn't mean their agency is taken away. He quoted 2 Nephi 33:1-2:
1 And now I, Nephi, cannot write all the things which were taught among my people; neither am I mighty in writing, like unto speaking; for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men.
2 But behold, there are many that harden their hearts against the Holy Spirit, that it hath no place in them; wherefore, they cast many things away which are written and esteem them as things of naught.
Notice how Nephi says that the Holy Ghost carries our message UNTO their hearts, not INTO. Though we may allow them to feel the Spirit, it's their choice to accept it INTO their hearts. Let us not be discouraged though! Because without them feeling the Spirit in the first place, they wouldn't even have the choice to accept or reject it.
I'm so grateful for this gospel and the peace it gives me in my life! Though this trial I'm having is SO not the end-of-the-world, sometimes it feels like it is! And when I do feel that way, I know I can turn to my Heavenly Father immediately and He will comfort me. Everything - missionary work, healing, you name it - happens in the Lord's time. Let us all exercise that patience and remember that He knows best!
I love you ALL!
Loves,
Sister Hansen
1) My companion, Sister Anderson, and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment