Thursday, September 12, 2013

HELLO OAKTON

 
YES. I am in a new area! And YES... it's only five miles away from my old one :) Haha but I have to tell you what happened at transfers -
So Sister Udall is training this transfer and my MTC companion, Sister Mitchell, had a trainee who was ALSO training this transfer. But neither her or I were training. So we had to sit with a BUNCH of other missionaries who had to wait for transfer meeting to start, as we waited for these companions to have their "trainers" meeting. So Sister Mitchell and I spent nearly four hours together. Chatting about our areas and companions and what we think is going to happen at transfer meeting. It's great! I haven't got to spend that much time with her since the MTC, so it was pleasant.
Then transfer meeting starts. Her and I, naturally, are sitting next to each other. President Riggs starts calling out the stakes, in alphabetical order. Each stake goes by and my stomach is tossing and turning, not knowing what is going to happen. Who will be my companion?! WHERE AM I GOING?! Finally, he gets to the LAST stake - Oakton. So I figure, "Okay, I'm in Oakton!" Then I hear my name called so I stand up, so nervous. President Riggs then says "You will be paired with Sister Mitchell as co-senior companions" EEEEEE!!!!! I got so excited!!!!! She was sitting right next to me and stood up and we hugged! Hahaha we were so stoked that we didn't hear where we were going! Hahaha so we had to go ask the Assistants. Silly us!
So we are serving in... Oakton Ward! As the brand new set of missionaries. The Zone Leaders have been serving in this ward and still do, but the work is so on fire here that they got a set of sisters - US! What does this mean? It means we start from scratch! No area book, potentials, former investigators, NOTHING. Pretty daunting. But we're here for a reason, right? So lots of prayers to be had to find those who are ready and willing to hear the gospel!
Went to the ward for the first time on Sunday. SUCH nice people! And a VERY active ward! Senator Orrin Hatch is in our ward (haven't met him yet though), and our bishop is the top heart surgeon at Inova Fairfax Hospital. He even took a class from Russell M. Nelson in college! Lots of lawyers, just like my last ward, and foreign service guys. Feels very familiar to me! I look forward to getting to know them all!
Well, I don't have much to write this week because everything is so new. But I want you all to know that this gospel is TRUE. Sometimes I talk certain things out with my companions and we always say, "The gospel just makes SENSE!" And it does! In my mind AND heart! That's the important part. I'm so grateful that this Church was restored by Joseph Smith - I can't imagine my life without the blessings of the gospel! I hope you all cherish it as much as I do and PAY ATTENTION to how the Spirit works in you! That is how you'll be confident of your testimony!
Love you all!
-Sister Hansen
PICTURE:
1) Me in front of our new apartment! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment