Wednesday, June 12, 2013

TRAINING TIME!

HELLO ALL!
So as I may have said in my last e-mail, I'm officially TRAINING. Crazy to think I'm at that point only three months out, but it feels right. Transfer meeting was an emotional roller coaster, to say the least. I've been given permission to announce (in case you didn't know already) that Fredericksburg and Woodbridge stakes in the DC South Mission will be moved to the Richmond, VA Mission starting July 1st. Not only do we lose the stakes... but every missionary in them :( SO HARD. I've only been here for such a short time, but I know MANY people that will be leaving because of the split. And it hurts to know that I won't see them again, but I know President Riggs receives revelation on who should be where at what time. And I know they do too. So you're probably wondering if I'm still in the same mission - YES OF COURSE. Thanks heavens :) DC South Mission is where my heart is, and President Riggs clearly knew that :) I'm still in Great Falls Ward! Going on my third transfer here, which is widely unheard of. If I'm here next transfer as well, I'll be shocked. President Riggs doesn't like anyone getting too comfortable. But I'm here for another 6 weeks, and it feels good. This ward is my home away from home and I love knowing everybody! It's exciting to think that I can come back here in a couple years and still know that I'll be welcomed and embraced. So blessed.
Sister Evans left for Fredericksburg :( She's serving in the Aquiaah (sp?) Singles Ward and is finishing training a sister that came out last transfer. Cool thing though - she served in this ward about 6 months ago and only for four weeks! So she will already know some people and get to finish where she left off! So I was happy for her! Can't believe I won't see her again though (at least on the mission). But she'll do great things, I know it. We also lost one of our APs (Assistant to the President), Elder Litchfield. He was amazing. Can't believe he's two years younger than me haha BUT President Riggs KNEW the new Richmond president would need an incredibly capable missionary to help him establish his two new stakes into the mission. So they're sending Elder Litchfield off with only five months left in his mission. I can't imagine how hard that is for him. But the missionaries here are STRONG. I'm proud to be around such inspiring leaders in this mission. No place like it!
SOOOOO you're probably wondering who I'm training. WELL... her name is Sister Rachel Udall, and she is from the lovely Burbank, California! WOO - hope Great Falls enjoys having two Californians head up their ward :) She is 20 years old and was BYU for the past three years studying Communication Disorders. She turns 21 in three weeks, so we'll have to celebrate somehow. But she is a VERY nice girl. So nice. And is constantly apologizing for her actions. Haha even when she does nothing wrong! It's cute, but I told her to stop. Because she's not a sorry person! And technically, missionaries aren't really supposed to apologize all that often - only to each other, when it really matters :)
Anywho, we have been tracting a lot more! And are finding some very interesting people to check back on it the future. I know Sister Udall is definitely nervous about door approaches, but she's learning so fast. I'm like a proud mama! And she teaches me a lot about doing better too. So I love being a trainer! We each learn from each other and grow in different ways. Luckily, we got to teach a lesson on Sister Udall's first night here! It was with Linda (remember her?). We didn't think she'd be up for a lesson when we stopped by, but she let us right in - MIRACLE. I didn't prepare Sister Udall enough though, so she didn't know to be the one to extend the baptismal invitiation (tradition for newbies). Oh well... she'll get the opportunity next time.
We have many lessons scheduled for this week that I'm excited about. Specifically one with Glen and our mission president, President Riggs -YES. So PLEASE pray that that doesn't fall through and that it goes well. Glen came to church again this Sunday... so I know that something is working inside of Him (AKA the Spirit). We just need to get him progressing and than all is golden! Please keep him and our other investigators in your prayers. I feel like we're on the brink of something big, but we need lots of thoughts directed our way. Thanks.
So an investigator is progressing when they read from the Book of Mormon EVERYDAY. Alma 33:23 says how it should REALLY be done.
And now, my brethren, I desire that ye shall plant this word in your hearts, and as it beginneth to swell even so nourish it by your faith. And behold, it will become a tree, springing up in you unto everlasting life. And then may God grant unto you that your burdens may be light, through the joy of his Son. And even all this can ye do if ye will. Amen.
PLANT that word in your heart by reading EVERYDAY and know that as you do, you're causing that seed to swell because of your faith. And BOOM! It turns into a tree of everlasting life. But THEN (and ONLY then) will you find your burdens to be lighter and your joy more full. And it ALL starts if you have the "will" or desire to do it.
I know this all to be true. I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord and my brothers and sisters. I haven't learned so much about myself and others since... EVER. And it's a great and wonderful blessing. I know that the Lord is in charge and that I'm His servant and friend. May we all be.
LOVE YOU ALL,
Sister Hansen
PICTURE:
 Sister Udall and I in the coordinating outfits we had the day we were put together (by coincidence). The minute we were called out as a new companionship, everyone saw our matching colors and said "It's meant to be." Haha She's 5'2" - what a peach.

No comments:

Post a Comment